Emergency Tips In a Storm Situation
It seems that every day another weather story makes the news. From flooding to hurricanes, to an Ice storm. Weather can affect us wherever we live with very little warning. There is really no way to prevent potential storm damage.
The first step in emergency preparedness is to remove dead tree branches. They can break off in a storm posing a danger to people. As the homeowner had found out the hard way during this storm. Here are some other helpful hints.
Keep Lights on During a Power Outage with a Generator.
If you have a generator follow these safety rules.
- Have a working CO Detector
- Only use portable generators outdoors not in partially enclosed/enclosed areas
- Keep them away from windows, doors, crawlspaces and overhangs
- Always read the manufacturer's operating and maintenance instructions.
- NEVER add gasoline to a hot or running portable generator.
Weather Proof your home.
- Keep gutters clean.
- Fix drainage problems in your yard to prevent flooding
Lawn Care Before and After the Storm.
- Don't work in your yard when a storm is in the area
- Pick up yard debris.
If you suffer a loss call SERVPRO of Stoughton/Sharon at 781-341-1946 we our trained Technicians can clean up any loss.